Saturday, September 17, 2011

Black and White 6x6

Birrrdddiiess!!! 
I used black and white acrylic paint and mixed matte gel with the black paint to give the bird silhouette's a nice texture. The jumping off point for the idea of birds started with the hummingbird and crow which are my favorites. We have a bunch of hummingbirds at home that fly up to our hummingbird feeder year round so I thought that was a nice personal touch to add one in. Also something interesting, is that one of the meanings of my first name is "small bird." Here they are in different positions- I don't remember for sure, but when I presented, I think we agreed that the penguin and swan didn't really fit in, and once I figure out for sure what is going to be in the portfolio, I may post another pic or something. So here they are, hope you like them because I spent a long time working on them:)



No comments:

Post a Comment